CAWLS can help with problems with renting your house.  We can help women living in Territory Housing houses, women in the private rental market, and women living in houses out bush.

We can help with things like:

  • Evictions
  • Repair and maintenance – getting repairs done, repair and maintenance bills
  • Getting your security deposit back
  • Housing allocations and wait lists
  • Complaints about Territory Housing or real estate agents
  • Ending a tenancy
  • Your rights as a tenant

It is important to note, when visiting CAWLS for housing advice, our team can make inquiries about housing allocations and waitlists on your behalf. CAWLS can’t make applications progress quicker or direct where housing allocations  should be made. Our team work to advocate for your housing needs with the relevant authorities.

The Darwin Community Legal Service has some great fact sheets about renting.  These are a good place to start to learn more about your issue, and what you can do:

Call 1800 684 055 to make an appointment to talk to a lawyer at CAWLS,

Alternatively, call DCLS’s Tenants’ Advice Service on 1800 812 953. Although based in Darwin, DCLS has funding for their Tenancy Advice Service Territory-wide.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment