Employment & Discrimination

CAWLS can help women with work related issues.

We can help with things like:

  • Pay and work conditions
  • Workplace bullying
  • Sexual harrassment
  • Workplace injuries and worker’s compensation
  • Discrimination
  • Unfair dismissal

**IMPORTANT: if you have been fired from work and you haven’t done anything wrong (unfair dismissal) you need to talk to someone straight away – you only have 21 days to make a claim.  Call 1800 684 055 to make an appointment to talk to a lawyer.  Make sure you tell us it is urgent and that you need to see someone straight away.

The Northern Territory Working Women’s Centre (NTWWC) provides free and confidential advice to women about work related matters.  The NTWWC has some great fact sheets and resources about workplace issues. These are a good place to start to learn more about your issue, and what you can do.  You can access the fact sheets here.

If you’d like advice and assistance with a work related matter, call 1800 684 055 to make an appointment to talk to a lawyer at CAWLS, or you can call the NTWWC on 1800 817 055.


The Central Australian Women’s Legal Service Thank the 'Law Society Public Purposes Trust' for Supporting the Language Translations on this Site